Special Event Permit Application and Information
- No 3rd party events will be permitted the week of Saratoga Splash Days. To see the dates for this year go to the Saratoga Splash Days webpage.
- No reservations will be allowed at Neptune Park in June as the parks department works to bring the facility back from damage sustained from Saratoga Splash Days.
- No inflatables or waterslides are allowed in city parks.
- City code does not allow food trucks at city parks unless they are part of a City event.
- Reservations for Patriot Park are made through the recreation department. Information on renting Patriot Park can be found by going to the Patriot Park Facility Page.
- Application Processing Fee Link
- Proof of payment of the application fee must be submitted with your application for your application to be processed.
- Special Event Permit Application Link
- Applications must be completely filled out and all required documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. This includes proof of payment of the application fee.
- Applications not completely filled out and/or without all required documents such as a block party petition, event plan, and/or site map, etc. will automatically be rejected.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days before your event. (Application due dates can vary based on the size and scope of your event.)
- DO NOT pay a pavilion reservation fee if you are turning in a Special Event Application. Once your application is received a temporary hold will be placed on the venue you are requesting to use. Any reservation fees will be paid with other permit fees once your application has been processed.
Park Rules and Regulations
Please check the Park Rules and Regulations before planning any event to ensure you can hold your event at a City facility. They can be accessed by going to the Park Rules and Regulations Page
Application Fee and Permit Due Dates
The Event Application Fee is a non-refundable fee that will be credited toward the Permit Fee if the event is approved.
- The application fee must be paid for your application to be processed.
- Application due dates vary based on the level of an event. Although City Staff make the final determination of an event level, applicants should meet the deadline that best fits both the size and scope of the event (see event level descriptions below).
- Failure to adhere to the proper due dates, based on both the size and scope of the event, may result in denial of an application and/or the event.
- If an applicant fails to meet the proper due date, the application will incur an additional, non-refundable Late Fee on top of the Permit Fee.
- Application Fee: $25
- Late Fee: $25
- Due Dates:
- 500+ attendance 90 days before the event
- 300 - 499 attendance 60 days before the event
- 299 or less attendance 30 days before the event
Event Levels and Permit Fees
The Level of an event is determined by City Staff based on:
- Projected attendance
- Scope of requested/required City resources
- Disruption in the community
For example, an event with a projection of 300 in attendance may be moved from a Level 2 up to a Level 3 event, due to road closures, noise, a significant need for City Staff time, or other factors. However, an event with a projection of 300 in attendance may NOT move down from a Level 2 to a Level 1, simply because they are using little or no city resources. After review of an event application, City Staff will inform the applicant of the respective Event Level, Permit Fee, and any additional City Service Fees needing to be paid to issue a permit. All Permit Fees and City Service Fees are due before the issuance of the event permit from the City at least 15 days before the event.
Event Level 1
299 or less in attendance (include participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others).
- Permit Fee: $25.00
- Application Due Date: 30 days before the event
Event Level 2
300 - 499 in attendance (include participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others).
- Permit Fee: $75.00
- Application Due Date: 60 days before the event
Event Level 3
500 or more in attendance (includes participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others), as well as staff determination of size and scope of requested and/or required City resources.
- Permit Fee: $150.00
- Application Due Date: 90 days before the event